Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Frances Grace Taruc Gets Her Wish

For a college assignment - she must have been 17 or 18 - my sister Grace wrote this essay:

If among us, there are those who wish to be remembered as people who have, in a simple way, given what little they have to make this world a better place – I would like to be one of them.

Many have dreams of doing something significant and momentous – making them remembered by generations to follow.

I only wish to be remembered with fondness rather than awe, respect rather than fascination and love rather than admiration by those who have known and been with me.

Tomorrow, November 28, is Grace's 18th death anniversary.

She did get her wish.

In a parallel universe, maybe somebody could play matchmaker and Grace and Wyatt could go out together or something. What do you think? :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Grace your only sibling? She must have been in her teens? I have 10 siblings and lost one of them, my brother, in 2006 in a motorcycle accident. I haven't seen him in 18 years but everytime I remember the loss is still there - time has dulled the pain but I can't help wondering what would have been. Then a month later, on his birthday, one of my friends here died of pneumonia at age 31. We will be honoring her on Dec 4 by creating a Wendy Vielman Memorial Award in her name. That's life - parang buhay, how much more profound can I get...