Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Gina!

November 2 is my sister Gina’s birthday. She was born in 1970. She lives with her husband and three kids in Chicago.

Gina and I are different in many ways. Sometimes, you have to wonder how people raised in the same environment could be so different from each other. For one thing, I’m much more anal and prone to sweating the small stuff. But we’re alike in a lot of ways too. Family is both important to us. I guess we just show it in different ways.

A friend once told me that sentimentality is a luxury for those with extra time to spare. I know that life in Chicago is not easy especially without a support system to rely on. But she and my brother in law are doing what they need to do.

I’m writing this post to let my sister know that I’m proud of her. And that I love her and her family very much.

No comments: